Saturday, April 01, 2006

Open Air Preaching

I went to our town's annual "Swampfest" today and did some open air preaching for about 3 hours on a little stool on a street-corner. I didn't use any gimmicks or magic tricks, just opened my mouth and began preaching. The clown in the booth next to me (it was literally a clown wearing a funny suit and makeup) turned down his music once I began preaching. The vendors across from me eventually heard my voice getting hoarse and brought me lemonade to drink. Some woman offered me money and told me, "I know that you are for real and actually believe what you are preaching," when I wouldn't take her money but instead urged her to put it in the offering plate at church tomorrow. A bunch of kids saw all the "money" in my front pocket and were amazed when I began pulling it out and handing it to them. It was a pack of million dollar bill tracts.

Overall, it was a very good day because the gospel was preached and people were pointed to God's word which I proclaimed, "is reliable, trustworthy, inerrant -- which means without any error or contradiction. If you see contradictions in the bible, you're just reading it wrong. You can totally take God at His word! You can trust what he says about salvation and you can trust what he says about sin." I talked about repentance and faith, the Law and the sinfulness of our sin, and even proved the existence of God! It was awesome.

I was able share the gospel many times and point people to trusting in God's Word as reliable and trustworthy. I also encouraged people to go to church. Many people came up to me during the day to thank me for taking a stand for Christ. I am grateful for what God has done in me and for me, and I want to see men and women put their trust in Christ, repent of their sins, and be saved.

Here is a link to listen to an audio clip of part of the preaching from today. It's a little distorted because the microphone was in my front pocket and I was talking loudly. You can click this link and listen online or right click and "save target as" to save it to your computer. Enjoy!

http://www.importantmessages.org/media/Swampfest2006.mp3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home